Remedies Pharmacies are a chain of pharmacies, operated by AM Mangion Ltd., one of Malta’s leading pharmaceuticals distributors. They have acquired several established pharmacies around the island and absorbed their assets to rebrand under the Remedies name.
- Facebook: Remedies Pharmacies
- Industry: Health & Beauty
- Campaign targeting: Malta, audience aged 18-65+
Remedies approached ANCHOVY. to develop a brand identity to be used across digital channels. The main issue presented was the communication of messaging that may not be exciting or interesting to many people, whilst at the same time engaging with the Remedies audience.
The solution presented was to tap into the people working in the pharmacy. Since the pharmacists are the front line of Remedies, they are the people who are constantly being approached by the general public. They are the ones who are meeting the consumers, interacting with them, building relationships.
A strategy was devised whereby the pharmacist’s image was used to promote health facts and tips – a strategy that would prove successful in creating highly engaging content.
The essential element to ANCHOVY.’s success with Remedies Pharmacies is a good working relationship with the client. Through open channels of communication ANCHOVY. were able to identify two key variables in the development of a strategic messaging plan:
- Promotion of specific products in relation to launch dates and relevance to annual key dates
- Identification of key events such as marathons, heart health awareness month, Pink October, Movember
Other points of communication include:
- Promotion of various facilities and services available at pharmacies
- Promotional of relevant seasonal products
- Promotion of clinics and doctor’s services
- Communication of specific information such as when pharmacies are open on Sundays & public holidays
- Beauty advice, and advice on products to be used for specific events; such as essentials to pack for a weekend break
- Cross-promotion of services offered by other brands within the AM Mangion group, such as Remedies Clinic; and specific products distributed by the mother company.
All communication is developed specifically to simultaneously promote products/services and result in increased sales, as well as provide
stimulating and engaging content that the audience interacts well with.
Results of the Campaign
Through strategic communication, ANCHOVY. continues to achieve brand awareness results for Remedies Pharmacies, achieving posts with consistently high engagement, driving anywhere between 90 – 500+ engagements per post; driving good sales results for promotions and high attendance at activities such as make up weekends.
As a result of the good work being undertaken for Remedies Pharmacies, AM Mangion Ltd. have approached ANCHOVY. to carry out a 12-month social media management campaign to promote a range of various products – some of which are brand new in the Maltese market.